Monday 26 October 2009

Warren Buffett - man of the day

I woke up this morning to an interview on the Today program with Warren Buffett. I knew the name, and knew he is jolly rich, but hey, this is my most researched entry so far and I find he is 'The richest man in the World'

It occurs to me I could 'go off on one' here about 'the injustice of the inequality of wealth', but instead I'll just quote, or paraphrase, the man, and make him my 'Person of the day'

"The Market system allows me to get an enormous amount of the country's resorces into my hands one way or another a fair amount should get back to society"

(Interviewer) "Are you saying we should have higher taxes"

WB "I don't think society to count entirely on the goodwill of the rich... i believe in a very progressive tax on income."

No comments:

Post a Comment