Tuesday 20 October 2009

Its only been two days since I discovered the new Muse record, but I already feel intimate with the first two songs. this is partly a function of my car CD player which is having difficulty translating into unjumpy sound anything past the first two songs on ANY CD, so I get to listen to those two again and again and again...

I've been playing with the idea that either of these two songs could act as a 'Theme Song' for one of my current Fictions in progress, but I'm now of the view that neither quite works on that score..

and then I was mentally humming one of the tunes this evening and i've realised why its so familiar... its really a reworking of Erasure's "A Little Respect"!


The other 'News of the week' isn't going to die down until after Thursday, thus keeping the BNP in the news all week, which is a regretable side effect of what is nevertheless the right thing to happen...

In my university days it was standard practise to say 'no platform for racists and fascists' and as a bit part player in the politico scene I sorta went along with it. The time has come though to shine a bright light on Griffen, because the man is an idiot and he will be exposed. Right now he is able to hide behind an aura of outsider to the current discredited political scene, but he has no answers. the last time he was given 'the floor', on Radios 4 & 5 the day after he snuck under the wire into the European parliament, he used that moment to

i) Say that to be 'British' you have to prove your genetic make up was on these islands at the time of the last Ice age. Now I'm not sure there even were British isles then, but its certain that the migration of mankind around the world was such that the 'British' were some millenia away - the Celts hadn't reached this part of the world, let alone the Angles or Saxons with whom BNP types like to claim 'affinity'..... which is far more effort typing that the initial argument deserved, so now I'll be brief

ii) Deny the reality of man created Climate change. So, er, he was talking bollocks.

So lets bring on rational argument, and watch him shrivel in the spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment