Saturday 7 November 2009

At last, my first entry about football - its just as well Guiseley 0 Frickley 0 gets a mention here, because its not likely to livelong in anyone's memory otherwise.

Guiseley have been my local team of choice since moving to Leeds, but my suport for them has been somewhat erratic, being almost a regular at times when I've been familiar with the abilities of the squad, then maybe I'll stay clear for a season or two when an exciting team brakes up. This happens quite a lot a Unibond league level, with a revolving door particularly in evidence with Farsley, and to an extent, Bradford PA. The management of Terry Dolan kept me away on year, as did my City Council election candidacy for Farsley which meant I felt obliged to watch that team. (Their presence in the conference that season a co-incidence!).

Today was only my second visit this season, and the match is easily summed up. Turgid first half, but a better effort from the home team in the second when they created enough chances to be worth a goal, but none came.

No comments:

Post a Comment